I checked out a few Facebook posts where there are a few people equally unhappy on this day. For some, "love stinks." For others, love is "in the air."
I can tell you that our love is deeper on Feb 14, 2012 than in 2011. You know the story. I think suffering heightens your senses and increases your compassion. It also slows life down. Yeah, time passes quick. But this year has inched by.
If I were a true writer, I'd come up with some sappy poem for my wife. But I can't write poetry. In lieu of a poem, here are some bullet points (I'm a pretty good bullet pointer.):
- I love how my wife bought Valentine's shirts for our kids - I wouldn't have done that.
- I love how my wife gave me Brad Paisley tickets for Christmas and that when we went on Saturday she just closed her eyes and held me.
- I love how my wife cares for her patients - even the nasty ones. And follows up with them - even the nasty ones.
- I love that my wife loves honey badgers (the clean video of course) and proclaimed herself a honey badger for being "tough" this year.
- I love that my wife tells me she loves me far more times than I deserve everyday.
- I love that my wife was more nervous than I was for my ordination interview.
- I love that my wife loves me enough to put up with my terrible laundry and cooking skills.
Whether or not you're a fan of Feb 14, you gotta be down with this kind of love! (I wonder if my wife loves that I can't pull off lingo like that?)